Ways to Combat Climate Change
As shoppers, one of the easiest ways to help heal the environment is by buying products that come from verified regenerative farms. Look for the Land to Market verification seal in stores on products like meat, diary, leather, wool and wine. Products with the Land to Market seal come from land that is verified as regenerating, which is helping heal land instead of degrade it.
1. Educate yourself by watching documentaries, such as Kiss the Ground and To Which We Belong. Storytelling is always such a compelling way to get informed on topics and motivate yourself and others.
2. Support NGOs, like the Savory Institute, that teach farmers and ranchers around the world how to heal their land through holistic management of livestock. Savory Institute specifically addresses the regeneration of the planet's grasslands. If we can heal all the grasslands (and we CAN,) that will likely have a significant impact on climate change. Give to Savory to help heal more of the planet's grasslands at their website, savory.global.
3. Get out on the land to see regeneration for yourself. Many of the farm hubs we work with around the world have field days open to the public. There is no substitute for getting out on land and seeing how a neighboring property looks compared to the regenerating one, or looking back at past photos of degraded land and comparing that to how it is thriving now.
4. Try making your own backyard healthier. Plant vegetation that encourages pollinators. If you see bare ground, plant vegetation. Essentially look to having your backyard, front yard, or whatever you've got, teaming with as much life as possible. The birds and bees with thank you for it.
5. Learn more about the over 70+ brands leading regenerative such as Timberland, Alexandre Family Farm, Applegate, Thousand Hills Lifetime Grazed & EPIC Provisions, that we work with around the world that are committed to helping heal the planet by sourcing or farming regeneratively.